Tower of Marv Cancelled

This is where we'll talk about any upcoming Gamehole Con Announcements and discuss things relating to the convention directly.

Tower of Marv Cancelled

Postby Sargonnax » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:02 pm

I was part of a group to play the D&D Tower of Marv event with a special guest DM. We sat around the table for a while waiting for the DM to show up. When he never did someone went to find a person from the convention who informed him that the event was cancelled. I'm not particularly thrilled that I picked up my tickets today for an event that was not happening and nobody could be bothered to tell anyone registered for the event that it wasn't happening. I would have found something else to do if I knew this. I just wanted to warn anyone else that might be signed up for the event. Get yourself a refund and find something else to do.
Sargonnax

Re: Tower of Marv Cancelled

Postby stahlnee » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Thank you for posting. I had a ticket for the Saturday 2pm game. No idea it was cancelled. No communications from GHC about it being cancelled.
stahlnee

Postby mordrin » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:52 pm

Too late to help for this year, but for future reference -

They had a whiteboard with cancellations right where you go into the main 1st floor interior (the open area with the concessions, washrooms, Dealer Hall, etc around).
mordrin

Postby stahlnee » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:30 pm

For one cancelled event GHC emailed the individuals to notify them. Unfortunately it was not the David Ewalt event.

I don't recall seeing a board listing cancellations. I will keep an eye out for one in the future.

I did hear about several cancelled events by word of mouth though.

Third year in a row the ecommerce system overcharged me and ended up with vouchers that were worthless. Good event sign up but the ecommerce is out of sync.
stahlnee

Postby akammer » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:07 am

We are working on both of those problems. The challenge for us is 11th hour cancellations. For next year, we are going to add a feature that pushes notifications to those affected by late cancellations.

On the e-commerce front, the challenge there is that we are struggling with finding a way to deal with credit. Carrying it over is very challenging from an accounting standpoint. Anyway, we are working on it.

Alex
USER_AVATAR
akammer

Return to Gamehole Con Announcements