The Golden Ticket thread

Looking to play games at Gamehole Con? Look no further than this forum! Post requests or gauge interest!

The Golden Ticket thread

Postby Kroad » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:03 am

I was lucky enough to snag one, who's got the others?

Figure a little pre-con organization/ coordination might be helpful. It's only 3 months away after all!

I've got plenty of options for tier 2 and was planning on a dwarven battlerager for the tier 1.
Kroad

Re: The Golden Ticket thread

Postby teachamath » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:21 am

I grabbed one. I will not know what I will have available until after GenCon this week. Presently I have a level 4 swashbuckler/ fighter that will be playing the epic since it is 5-7 only. I will be probably playing either A)fighter AC22 who walks on walls like floors and throws a dwarven thrower with +14 to hit and sharpshooter or B) level 10 elvish monk with not much magic, or C)level 9 snivelfevin gnome monk with a staff of power. Low level I will have to make something. With dm rewards I could make pretty much anything level 3 or 4.
teachamath

Postby Kroad » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:56 am

Ya I saw your postings re: the Gen Con stuff. I'll be there as well doing track b so maybe we will bump into each other.

Where did u see the epic was for 5-7? The description lists it as the standard tier 2 5-10.

In any event my active T2 chars are a vengeance pally, a diviner wizard and a sor-lock blaster. I think all are around level 7-8 at this point. I'm playing the pally at Gen Con so If I had to choose today I guess I'd have a slight preference to play a caster for gamehole though who knows I may feel differently. They are all pretty fun.
Kroad

Postby mwisconsin » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:13 am

There are 2 tiers for the Epic: 1-4 and 5-10. The Golden Ticket track will have a table at the Epic, and as the admin for the room, I'm leaving it up to you Golden Players to determine in what tier you'd like to play.

Similarly, there are 3 groups for the D&D Open (but they don't follow the same level-division as standard AL "tiers"): 1-4, 5-7, and 8-10. Once again, I'll let you Golden Players choose where you want to go.

Hopefully, you folks can choose prior to the events taking place so that the DMs can be prepared for you.
Thomas Valley
Adventurer's League
Senior Local Coordinator for the state of Florida
USER_AVATAR
mwisconsin

Postby Kroad » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:19 pm

Ah thanks for the clarification!
Kroad

Postby Burleaf » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:20 am

Hey folks, another ticket holder checking in. Really looking forward to this weekend. I normally GM so really do not get to play and would like to bring some group appropriate characters to the table. Any instruction on rolling up some characters for these events. Levels and items that would work. Probably going to be a halfling paladin of Tymora, dual wielding short swords, wearing studded leather armor and having the urchin background. Should be fun. :D

Tim
Burleaf

Postby Kroad » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:07 pm

Hey Tim! Look forward to meeting you in a couple weeks. Forgive me if I'm making an erroneous assumption but it sounds like you may not be familiar with the Adventurers League rules (basing this on comment about "levels and items that would work"). If not, you can find the relevant rules for character creation here: http://dndadventurersleague.org/downloads/

The events contained within the golden ticket plan will require at least 2 characters - a Tier 1 character (levels 1-4) and a Tier 2 (Levels 5-10) character. Unfortunately unless they have changed the rules there is no way to start with a Tier 2 character (or for that matter a character of higher than level 1) unless you have leveled up naturally through the process by playing other AL scenarios or applying DM experience awards earned by DM'ing adventurers league play for others. If you don't have a T2 character (or enough xp to make a T2 character) that's probably a question for the con organizers to best address.

Regardless I'd say plan on playing what you really want to play - particularly since it sounds like your opportunities to be on the other side are infrequent. There should be enough of us to cover the traditional roles and even if not I'm sure we can make it work. Unless Ed Greenwood kills us all.
Kroad

Postby Burleaf » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:19 pm

I joined the event as a nice option to get in on some really cool GM experiences and the thought of playing with the same group of people through the convention seemed like a really good time. Really just trying to not ruin the event for anyone and bring some fun characters to play.

Tim
Burleaf

Return to Player Discussions