What are You Running This Gamehole?

Post here if you're a GM looking to run a game at Gamehole Con!

What are You Running This Gamehole?

Postby fmillard » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:32 am

I'll be running my two Savage Worlds Gilligan's Island themed events this year. The first, which was well-liked last year, "What Will the Morning Bring?" is played on an HO scaled 3-D mock-up of the Island itself ... and new this year, "Gilligan's Volcano!" - A Dungeon Crawl-type event in a vertical 3-D volcano. Go ahead, join the cruise, Castaways! (Five different events over three days.)
USER_AVATAR
fmillard

Re: What are You Running This Gamehole?

Postby Silas » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:26 am

I am leaning toward the following:

RPGS:
Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space
Call of Cthulhu (Nancy Drew adventures--a series of adventures I have been running for years)
Hercules and Xena

Board Games:
Commissioned
Legends of Draxia
Silas

Postby Rex » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:02 pm

RPGS: D6xD6 Luchadores and Super Heroes ..... Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea ......Monster Hunter International the RPG ........ Bringing along Amazing Adventures, Castles and Crusades, Villains and Vigilantes, DCC, and Traveller for pick up games .....and well.....whatever else I can squeeze in the car......

~Rex
USER_AVATAR
Rex

Postby Strider1970 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:48 am

I will be running a 5e D&D event called "Elven Vengeance" on Friday at 8pm and Saturday at 8pm.
Strider1970

Postby DrJones14 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:50 am

Running a bunch of 5e Adventurers League. This will be my first time at Gamehole. I am a regular DM at other cons. Looking forward to this one!
DrJones14

Postby LordAba » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:22 pm

I'll be running some Endless: Fantasy Tactics! A fun little game for people who like the feel of the old school tactical RPGs. Hopefully a few people will bite! :)

Hoping to run it Saturday @ 10am or 2pm. Granted, I should probably stop waiting until the last minute for this sort of thing...
LordAba

Postby reidzilla » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:52 am

Castle Gameskull will be in attendance presiding over two Crawling Under a Broken Moon DCC events: The Mall Maul (Fri 10am) and the Fall of the Giving Star (Sat 10am).
Crawling Under A Broken Moon is a fanzine dedicated to bringing gonzo post apocalyptic content for the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG.
Head over to crawlingunderabrokenmoon.blogspot.com and check it out.
USER_AVATAR
reidzilla

Postby jonconnorself » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:24 am

I will be running less than last year (8 sections of Sporedome, anybody?). Instead, I will offer more time mustering and organizing in the AL room. I hope to see all of you there!
jonconnorself

Postby ForrestAguirre » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:03 pm

This will be the first time I've run a game at a con (though I am a DM with decades of experience). First, I'll be running "Lamentations of VornHadadSuinLinko," an urban-crawl adventure generated "on the fly" with a plethora of random charts from Vornheim, Metal Gods of Ur-Hadad, Yoon-Suin, and Fever Dreaming Marlinko - with a dash of Carcosa for spice - and using Matthew Sell's hack of the Lamentations of the Flame Princess rules set entitled "How to be an Adventurer". Anyway, I have a MacGuffin, a mission, and 20 pregenerated characters (players will roll d20 to see which one they get). Beyond that, we'll make the map and encounters as we go. Should be fast and furious!

Then, on Saturday, I'll be running my DCCRPG adventure "Beyond the Silver Scream," taking a bunch of teenage kids from the late '70s-early '80s to the local theater to see the new schlock horror film "Screaming Sorority Girls from Planet Playtex". The terror isn't restricted to the screen however. Here you'll find a new meaning for the phrase "cutting room floor". A direct, albeit light-hearted homage to the satanic panic, which some of us look back on with feelings of equal parts nostalgia and disgust.

Looking forward to seeing you at my table! The VIGs are already snatching up spots!
ForrestAguirre

Return to GM Discussions