What games do you want to see next year?

Looking to play games at Gamehole Con? Look no further than this forum! Post requests or gauge interest!

What games do you want to see next year?

Postby Tactics » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:21 pm

Hey Everyone,
GHC II was a huge success and all of you were a big part of that. We got a lot of good feedback and we are acting on that feedback in several ways. There is one area where we could really use your help. Two related themes we picked up on in the feedback was "not enough variety of games" and "not enough board games". So along these lines, I'm starting this thread to get the conversations going on the games you want to see next year. We do what we can to put on a great con, and we can nudge things in one direction or another, but one thing we cannot do is actually run the games for all 750+ con goers. To do that, we need GMs. We can make suggestions to the GMs about what we think they should run, but maters most is what you all want to play. So... have at, what do you want to see next year? The more specific you can be the better, but any and all suggestions will be appreciated.
Tactics

Re: What games do you want to see next year?

Postby Brendan.Lapsley@gmail.com » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:24 pm

I know I plan on running a variety of board games this year. I was late to the gate last year and got a few in, but I plan on really going for it this year.

Games I currently plan on running:
-Among the Stars
-New Dawn
-Sentinels of the Multiverse (maybe 2 tables at once)
-Runebound: The Sands of Al-Kalim
-Maybe Runewars and Seasons
Probably a few more
Brendan.Lapsley@gmail.com

Postby akammer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Wow! Those look great!
USER_AVATAR
akammer

Postby Psyco » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:41 am

I personally didn't find anything wrong with the number of games. The Gen Con library + the random guys sitting around with games wanting to teach, are more than sufficient. If people didn't get to play the games they wanted, I say it's on them.

That being said, as many gamers are "slaves to the new," I would suggest a demo area where people can try out the newest games.

And next year I plan on running a tutorial/game of Twilight Imperium for 8-hours.
USER_AVATAR
Psyco

Postby stahlnee » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:33 pm

I would like to see a sprinkling of classic games (Nuclear War, Naval Battle, etc). The board game teacher was great.
stahlnee

Postby Scott308 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:24 pm

I'm mostly an RPGer, and I would like to see some lesser known games. There is going to be a big demand for 1st and 5th Edition D&D, Pathfinder and Call of Cthulhu (especially this year), but I would like to see some older stuff like Bushido, Bunnies and Burrows, Boot Hill, Paranoia, ICE MERP, Ghostbusters, Toon, Car Wars, TMNT, Rune Quest... I would also like to see some of the newer games, like Lady Blackbird, Dogs in the Vineyard, Dungeon World, Numenera, Dragon Age, Burning Wheel, Monster of the Week, Torchbearer, Ars Magica, Mouse Guard, The One Ring, Apocalypse World, Legend of the Five Rings...

I know I have thrown out a lot of games, and I am not expecting to see all of them end up on the schedule (I hope not all of them do, I wouldn't be able to play in all of them), but if a couple show up, I will be happy to see them. I would hope that there are others like me that want to play some games they have never played before, or maybe played in the past but not for many, many years, willing to step away from the comfort of their favorite system or two and try something different.
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Postby MrsDMan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:04 pm

I happen to be running Dragon Age :ugeek: I agree with having more lesser known games...(Wow did that make any sense?) I go to Cons to try things I've never played if I can.
USER_AVATAR
MrsDMan

Postby Scott308 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:22 am

MrsDMan wrote:I happen to be running Dragon Age

Michelle, have you play tested your DA games yet? I'd be interested if you need an extra player for that.
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Postby rhiley » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:10 am

I'd love to see a Star Wars: Edge of the Empire game or two. I really enjoy the system and think there can be some pretty good one shots.
rhiley

Postby MemBirdman » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:02 am

Personally, I'd love to see more superhero offerings.
USER_AVATAR
MemBirdman

Next

Return to Player Discussions