Chris Perkins

We'll be talking about special events here, so if there's something you'd like to see, let us know!

Chris Perkins

Postby ianingf » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:49 pm

I'm really excited to see the two seminars with Chis Perkins on Friday. I'm assuming the game he is running Friday morning wont be view able? Will there be any opportunity for meeting/signing?
USER_AVATAR
ianingf

Re: Chris Perkins

Postby Scott308 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:30 pm

In general, the special guests tend to be pretty approachable, and are usually happy to sign something and chat briefly. Just be aware of the situation- don't hit someone up for an autograph as they are entering the restroom, eating or in the midst of a game. Otherwise, if you see them walking around the convention area, just ask if they have a moment to sign something. Be polite and odds are you will be able to come away with an autograph and maybe a question or two answered as well. Having said that, remember that they are all human. Maybe they aren't feeling well or have a commitment they are going to that prevents them from signing right then. They will most likely be around all weekend, so you will have another opportunity at a later time.

As far as your question about the game on Friday being viewable, the games are played in rooms with multiple events happening concurrently. There is no "private room" where official games are held so there is the opportunity to stand near the table and watch. Just be mindful of the fact that sometimes there isn't much room around the tables and you can prevent people from getting through if you stand in the wrong spot. As long as you aren't disruptive or do anything to distract the people in the game, I would think anyone would be fine with you watching the game. I have done that myself a few times, taking some time to check out a game I was unfamiliar with or that just sounded really interesting but didn't fit into my schedule. On the other hand, maybe Chris Perkins travels with his own security team to keep people from spectating as he runs his games. :twisted: Obviously, I guarantee nothing and since I am not part of the Gamehole Con staff, if I am giving you incorrect information I am sure someone who is will be quick to correct me.
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Postby ianingf » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:56 pm

Thanks. That was exactly the info I was looking for.
USER_AVATAR
ianingf

Postby Tactics » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:59 pm

Scott is not absolutely right, but he is mostly right.

The Dungeon Bastard's "Worlds Worst Dungeon Crawl" (Saturday Slot 7) requires a ticket to spectate. The tickets are free. However, we are asking for a cash donation to our charity, Second Harvest Food Bank of Southern Wisconsin. Each contribution of $20 earns the holder of a spectator ticket a chance in a Roll-off for the last two remaining player tickets.
Last edited by Tactics on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tactics

Postby Scott308 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:19 pm

Dammit, forgot about the Bastard's charity game. I guess even I can't be right 100% of the time. :lol:
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Postby Burticus » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:34 am

Does anyone know if Chris will be there Saturday, and what his schedule is like, for example is he going to be in a panel or something along those lines that I can purchase a ticket for?

Sorry, I'm thinking of going this year and I really wanted a chance to meet him if possible, but I can probably only go Saturday.
USER_AVATAR
Burticus

Return to Special Event Discussions