What do i need to do to get in a special event?

We'll be talking about special events here, so if there's something you'd like to see, let us know!

What do i need to do to get in a special event?

Postby Charcon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:47 pm

I am a huge fan of Mr. greenwood... What do i need to do or pay to get in his game? Its a bucketlist thing. Lol!
USER_AVATAR
Charcon

Re: What do i need to do to get in a special event?

Postby wjaehnig » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:22 pm

First thing is to register for a badge now (i.e. register for the Con as a whole).

There are several types of badges available, see the description on the website under "Get Your Badge!"/Register.
A regular badge allows you to register for individual games/events on Sept 1st and allows you to register for 1 "Special" game.
A VIG badge allows you to register for individual games/events on August 1st and allows you to register for 2 "Special" games.

After you have your badge (Con admission) wait until individual events open for registration, on either Aug 1 or Sept 1. Then you will be able to select your events. Most have very limited seating, so select as soon as you can and have 2nd choices ready. Also note Mr. Greenwood is doing a few seminars over the weekend as well as running games. These seminars do not count against your "Special" and have max attendance of 40, much larger and less likely to max out than individual games.

Have fun at the Con, I will be flying up from Texas as well (DFW area).
wjaehnig

Postby Tactics » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:11 am

wjaehnig pretty much nailed it. I will add that your chances of getting into a Greenwood game will improve considerably if you go with the VIG badge. I expect all of the Greenwood games to be full by the time regular registration opens up on September 1st. August 1st registration and the ability to register for two specials vs. one are the principal benefits of the VIG badge. So if specials are your things, then the VIG badge is what you want.
Last edited by Tactics on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tactics

Postby stahlnee » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Hoping that you had luck in getting into the game(s) you wanted.
stahlnee

Return to Special Event Discussions