Gamehole Con 2014 - What games do you want to see?

Looking to play games at Gamehole Con? Look no further than this forum! Post requests or gauge interest!

Re: Gamehole Con 2014 - What games do you want to see?

Postby Scott308 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Scott308 wrote:For starters, I would like to try Top Secret, Legend of the Five Rings, Pendragon, Shadowrun, Star Frontiers, Cthulhu... Some of those I played a little of years ago, some I have never played and would be interested in trying. I would also like to play a superhero game and a Western. I'm currently playing 50 Fathoms for Savage Worlds, so I would be interested in playing some of the other Plot Points, such as Deadlands, Rippers, Weird Wars Rome, or Evernight.

Since I posted this, I have gotten an opportunity to try Cthulhu and Star Frontiers and will be playing in a Shadowrun game coming up in a few weeks. I liked Cthulhu and SF and wouldn't mind playing them again.
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Postby Scott308 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:52 pm

When I originally posted my list, it wasn't so much that I want to play those games in particular, more that I want to try some games I would be less likely to encounter otherwise. I played mostly 1st edition AD&D before I stopped for many years. I tried some second edition but 3rd and 4th I never played. And there were many other games I missed out on. 1st edition is what I am most familiar with and most comfortable playing and I know there will be many of those games being run. Cons are perfect places to get to try a lesser known game and that is really all I was doing, throwing out some suggestions. I'm open to pretty much anything, really. If someone wanted to run Dogs in the Vineyard or Bunnies and Burrows (I hope I got the name right) I would be willing to give it a shot. I just don't want to see a whole bunch of people submit really obscure games now and get pissed at me when I can't sign up for several in the same time slot and they can't find enough other people interested in playing.

By the same token, I don't want to play nothing but some of the more unusual games either. I'm sure I will sign up for some 1st ed stuff or some Next games. At Gary Con, my Saturday was dedicated to 1e. Other than that, I got into some Star Frontiers, Mutant Future, Monster Hunter International, GURPS run as a Western miniatures game, BECMI, 2e and Petal Throne, so I was able to get some good variety in my gaming. That's what I'm looking for here.
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Postby RandomOne » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:58 pm

I would like to see Shadowrun 4th (Anniversary) or 5th edition. If 5th edition, doing the Missions games would be great. I am also interested in Mutants & Masterminds, Monster Hunters Intl, Hunter (The Reckoning, The Vigil, or the newest version), Deadlands (Reloaded or Hell on Earth), Numenera, Call of Cthulhu (the Delta Green version would be interesting), or any similar games to these. Pretty much looking for something not normally run at smaller conventions.

I am considering running something but not sure as I haven't run a game at a convention before. Might break the ice here.
RandomOne

Postby Tactics » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:08 pm

I would highly encourage you to submit an event. We have over 300 events approved already. The prime time Saturday afternoon and evenings slots are almost full, so the sooner you get in the better. The GM rewards can be pretty nice too.

https://www.gameholecon.com/event-submission
Tactics

Previous

Return to Player Discussions