Open gaming?

Looking to play games at Gamehole Con? Look no further than this forum! Post requests or gauge interest!

Open gaming?

Postby carlsonjd11 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:25 am

Will there be open tables for general open gaming? The selection of board games (all I'm interested in) is rather sparse, and th games I'm interested in are at times I can't come. I've never been to an organized con lik this, so I'm not exactly sure what to expect.
carlsonjd11

Re: Open gaming?

Postby Scott308 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:23 am

Have no fear. There will be an area set aside for open gaming. Last year (the first year of the con) there was a number of people running various boardgames throughout. I got in on a few of those. This year, expect more. Much more. For one thing, there will be a lot more people- they have sold way more badges in the presale than total last year, and they will get more people that will walk up. For another, they will have the game library from GenCon there, so there should be plenty of boardgaming opportunity for you. I know that I will mostly be taking part in RPGs, but I learned at Gary Con earlier this year, picking a boardgame from the library is a nice way to wind down the evening- and meet some new people as well.
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Postby smoth333 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:57 am

There was plenty of open gaming last year, even without a dedicated open gaming area. Large numbers set up in the bar area (this is Wisconsin I suppose) and people seemed to have plenty to pick from just from games people brought themselves.

Add in the games library and I am thinking you will have no problem finding games and opponents.
smoth333

Postby Tactics » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:01 pm

I'll go ahead and point out that this year we have a different provider of the games library. If you frequented the games library last year and have a chance to hit it again this year, I'd be interested to hear any feedback you may have on the differences between the two.
Tactics

Return to Player Discussions