What was your favorite Gamehole Con 2013 game?

Looking to play games at Gamehole Con? Look no further than this forum! Post requests or gauge interest!

What was your favorite Gamehole Con 2013 game?

Postby tavernace69 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:27 pm

So the thread subject says it all. What was your favorite game? Was it something warm and familiar to you (like a fuzzy pair of pajamas)? Or was it something new you tried that took you out of your gaming comfort zones and into strange new territory (like a Bangkok rave)?

For me it was easy. Being an organizer meant I was only lucky enough to play in one game - but it was the Dungeon Bastard's Insurmountable Gauntlet of Doom :twisted: - so that wins for me even if I had time to play others.

What was yours? Let us know!

Josh
tavernace69

Re: What was your favorite Gamehole Con 2013 game?

Postby Scott308 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Well, I started off Friday at Gamehole by seeing Frank Mentzer and asking for his autograph. We found an empty table, he signed my books, and asked me if I was interested in playing a board game with him. He had two different games and we played each of them. The first I cannot recall the name. The second was Hive. I had never played either game before, but had a great time playing.

The other highlight was playing in Frank Mentzer's Saturday Night Special. We got TPK'd, but we put up a valiant fight and my fighter got a couple of good shots in before we met our end.

Unfortunately, I did not get to play in the Hobby Shop Dungeon or play with either the Dungeon Bastard or Jen Page. I'm looking forward to playing with Ernie in February and hoping to get into The Insurmountable Gauntlet of Doom. The people playing that one looked like they were having a blast. Now I just need to find somewhere to play Cthulhu with Jen Page. Hint, hint... :)
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Postby KevinATurner » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:52 pm

Would have the have been one of the Pathfinder Society scenarios. Not so much for the scenario, but because Bill "The Dungeon Bastard" sat next to me and hung out during the game. Really cool guy.
KevinATurner

Postby DougMarrs » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:38 am

The Dungeon Bastard's game was a riot!
DougMarrs

Return to Player Discussions