Haven't played RPGs in 10+ years, what should I play?

Looking to play games at Gamehole Con? Look no further than this forum! Post requests or gauge interest!

Haven't played RPGs in 10+ years, what should I play?

Postby Derbi » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:18 pm

So I haven't played pen and paper RPGs since I was a kid. I went to GenCon when it was in Milwaukee BITD but haven't been to a con since.

I took the last two Call of Cthulhu seats at the whole con (I would have taken 3 more if they weren't all taken) but I don't know what else to sign up for.

Any advice?

Any chance someone else is going to run another CoC game?

Thanks in advance.

-Derbi
Derbi

Re: Haven't played RPGs in 10+ years, what should I play?

Postby Scott308 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Well, what was it you used to play? The new version of D&D came out recently and is a pretty good system, that would be a good one to try. Other than that, I like to try stuff I have never played before and cons are perfect for doing that. Find a game description that sounds like fun and register for it, don't worry about the system (unless it is something you are familiar with and don't like). As far as more CoC games, there is a possibility that someone will sign up to run another game, but it is unlikely at this late date. There may not even be any spaces left for additional games, I don't know. There may be someone that runs something unofficial but there would be no guarantees. The other option would be to wait until the con and see if anyone turns in any CoC tickets or hang out by the tables to see if they have an open spot.

Welcome to Gamehole Con, and have fun!
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Return to Player Discussions