Also a first time attendee and I reached out to the con for a better picture of what's going on, and what the hours are. The summary of info I received was:
- Convention hall closes at midnight
- Dealer Hall is open from 10-6 every day
- Demo Row is open during hall hours
- There is a freely accessible games library for take-and-play and a open play space.
- Kids activities include a miniature painting activity, balloons and face painting in addition to the ticketed Kids Track events.
And, as we know from the site, the main hotels in the area will be opening play space as well for social gaming, which I hope to take advantage of.
With this feedback Im hopefully going to find theres plenty to see and do when walking around between event slots, as it was stressed to me that the con isnt just ticketed events.