Understanding DDEX

Looking to play games at Gamehole Con? Look no further than this forum! Post requests or gauge interest!

Understanding DDEX

Postby flameratt » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:04 pm

So this is my first time playing table top games outside of the house and I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the DDEX games. I've sorted out its the Dungeons and Dragons Expeditions but the numbering confuses me. I want to sign up for games but I'm not sure if I need to have characters that have previously played in these stories or are the numbers certain parts? Any help?

Re: Understanding DDEX

Postby Scott308 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:29 pm

The numbering system is pretty simple. The first number is the season. It is currently the third season for the Adventurers League, which is the Rage of Demons storyline. The second number is the specific adventure, so if is listed as DDEX 3-4, it would refer to adventure #4 from the third season. If it is DDEX 2-9, it would be the ninth adventure from last season.

As for characters, there are two different levels for the adventures. There will be pregens available for the games designed for characters of 1st-4th level (or 1st-2nd for 3-1), or you can bring your own Adventurers League legal character. There are specific character creation rules here: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/adventurers-league-resources. You do not need to have a character that had played in any of the adventures at this level. If you are interested in playing one of the games for levels 5-10, then you will need to have a character that has leveled up through playing previous adventures. There are no pregens for the higher level games.

Hopefully this has answered your questions. If you have more, feel free to ask, somebody should be able to help if I was unable to do so.
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.

Re: Understanding DDEX

Postby sschrupp » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:15 am

Thanks for the info! We were wondering about that too. I'm glad we didn't sign up for any of the 5-10 games since we don't have any characters that have played in the league.

Return to Player Discussions