Lobby/Entrance Entertainment for GHC 15

This is where we'll talk about any upcoming Gamehole Con Announcements and discuss things relating to the convention directly.

Lobby/Entrance Entertainment for GHC 15

Postby akammer » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:47 pm

Hello everyone:

As you all know, we are moving to the Alliant Energy Center this year. We are really excited about the move as it will allow us to do all kinds of awesome.

One feature of the AEC is a large and vaulted ceiling entrance/lobby area. We have been kicking around what to do with this space. We have decided to set up a bunch of game demos there, likely a few food vendors and finally, some form of constant entertainment going on. For example, Dan the Bard will be one of the acts performing there. We want this to be a real carnival type atmosphere.

So, if anyone had any suggestions as to different acts/performers, please let us know. We are open to everything from fire eaters to contortionists. So, post with any ideas please!

Thanks.

Alex
USER_AVATAR
akammer

Re: Lobby/Entrance Entertainment for GHC 15

Postby ValpoCarnie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:30 am

What about a giant/floor version of a game? I've seen it done pretty successfully at other cons. (I know it's not original, but it's a suggestion)
Things like King of Tokyo or Catan are possible easily enough (I've even seen Agricola).
ValpoCarnie

Postby akammer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Good suggestion!
USER_AVATAR
akammer

Postby fmillard » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:44 pm

Sticking with the giant game concept, an overlarge "Ticket to Ride" would look pretty cool there, too.
USER_AVATAR
fmillard

Postby akammer » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:10 pm

That would be cool.

Time for a google search . . .
USER_AVATAR
akammer

Return to Gamehole Con Announcements