Ticket ordering process

This is where we'll talk about any upcoming Gamehole Con Announcements and discuss things relating to the convention directly.

Ticket ordering process

Postby mavryk76 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:25 pm

Having participated in this year's GenCon as my first convension I'm just now learning about all the local convensions and I have to tell you, its exciting. I'm happy to see so many D&D Adventure's League games listed but, as my first and only convention experience is GenCon, I'm interested about the availablility of those games and the ticket ordering process.

Will I be able to buy tickets for me only or me + n?

With 500 unique badges sold last year, can one expect a rush on these events the way I experienced when competing against 50,000?

Are new events being submitted after ticket registration? There's many games I want to play but if I have open slot(s) I wouldnt mind running a module I wrote for GenCon.
mavryk76

Re: Ticket ordering process

Postby stahlnee » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:31 pm

You need to already have a badge.

You can only buy tickets for you. The system will also check for any overlaps in schedule and will prevent you from buying events that overlap.

Edwin
stahlnee

Postby wjaehnig » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15 am

Hi-

Edwin is spot on with his comment and I will add with the following...

With 375-ish events listed there will be plenty of events to go around. However as with any convention the most highly sought after events will fill quickly (i.e. the "Specials" and the more popular games) so the best advice is to make your list and be ready when registration opens. You may not get everything you want, but if you plan ahead and are ready to go when registration opens you will stand the best chance at those.
wjaehnig

Postby matt_76 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:40 am

Hello one and all;

This will be my first convention and I have what's probably a dumb question....I bought tickets for this event and have a room and flight all taken care of; but is there a physical badge that I will pick up when I get there and somebody checks my name against a list or is the badge something I need to have mailed to me? Thanks and sorry for the dumb newbie question!

-Matt
matt_76

Postby Scott308 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

You should have had to buy a badge before you could order tickets for individual games. You will be able to pick up the badge and tickets at the convention site. Depending on when you will be arriving, you may be able to pick them up early. Plans haven't been finalized yet as to where and when people will be able to get their stuff before Friday morning. Otherwise, make sure you give yourself time to wait in line if it is busy with people trying to get their badges in the morning. Don't plan on picking up your badge and tickets 10 minutes before your first game is scheduled to start. Other than that, have fun. You picked a good con for your first. My first con was GameHole Con last year.
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Return to Gamehole Con Announcements