Game ticket cost?

This is where we'll talk about any upcoming Gamehole Con Announcements and discuss things relating to the convention directly.

Game ticket cost?

Postby Dire » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:11 pm

This will be my first year at Gamehole Con. I have noticed a number of referrences to the "cost" of game tickets.
Is this "cost" in currency or some other point system of some type? If it is a fee in addition the registration fee, is it a minor fee (perhaps to discourage people from taking tickets for games that they do not intend to actually play) or will these fees add up to a significant expense over the course of the Con?
Dire

Re: Game ticket cost?

Postby Scott308 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:01 pm

Last year it was $1-2 per ticket, and that is exactly what it is for- to discourage people from signing up for games and then not showing up. Sometimes life gets in the way and you can't make it for some reason and that is unavoidable. However, the organizers didn't want to have games sell out but then have tables be half-full because people decided they had something better to do or they didn't like the time slot or whatever. With a financial investment in the game, hopefully people will be less likely to blow off a game.
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Postby Dire » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:45 am

Excellent! Thanks for the clarification.
Dire

Postby Tactics » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:22 am

In general, game ticket prices are $1 per 2-hour "slot" in the schedule, each game takes one or more "slots". So your typical 4 hour RPG session is 2 slots and will run you $2.

I say "in general" because there are exceptions; particularly with he Magic events. There may be others games with variances from the standard pricing model, but for the most part it is $1 for every two hours of gaming.
Tactics

Postby Shdwrnnr » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:50 am

So when do we pay this money? I have already paid my registration fee, but have been unable to register since I am not a VIG.
USER_AVATAR
Shdwrnnr

Postby Scott308 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:07 am

Registration begins September 1st at noon Eastern.
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Postby stahlnee » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:33 pm

After you select your events they will end up in your cart. You will need to select your cart and checkout in order to pay for the event tickets.
stahlnee

Return to Gamehole Con Announcements