D&D Organized Play

This is where we'll talk about any upcoming Gamehole Con Announcements and discuss things relating to the convention directly.

D&D Organized Play

Postby akammer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:21 am

We are very pleased to announce that we are one of the very few gaming cons in the country that will receiving exclusive D&D Organized Play premier adventures that will not be available at game store or other conventions. This is really big news for us as the other cons selected are the mega cons that everyone knows about. It is great to see Wizards revamping their organized play system to be something much more flexible and usable for players. Very much like the very popular Pathfinder Organized Play network, players will now be able to create D&D characters that they can take and play from location to location. That is great in that players can build their characters much in the same way that you would with a home campaign.

This announcement coupled with our having outstanding guests like Chris Perkins and Ed Greenwood make Gamehole Con 2014 a can't miss event for any D&D fan!
USER_AVATAR
akammer

Re: D&D Organized Play

Postby Scott308 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:54 pm

Hmmm. I think I may need to give this a go. That's awesome that our con got selected for this honor.
akammer wrote:Scott is absolutely right.
Scott308

Postby akammer » Tue May 27, 2014 3:17 pm

I don't know if you all saw this, but Wizards will be giving away their basic set of rules. The basic D&D set will be a free PDF. Wow, Basic D&D, with four classes, four races, 1st through 20th levels, monsters, magic items, and more, is a free PDF. Play without ever having to buy anything. They saying it is equivalent in scope to the old Rules Cyclopedia. Here is the link to the article: http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx ... l/20140527

That is really great to see. It is an example of having great business sense and forward vision.
USER_AVATAR
akammer

Postby wjaehnig » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Hello- couple of quick questions on the D&D Organized play adventures, sorry if these may seem obvious but I'm kind of new to the Organized play thing:

I see that the adventures are coded DDEX1-1 through DDEX1-9 and that #9 is the GHC premier... can they be played in any order or is it supposed to be sequential?

And secondly, I see DDEX1-1 through DDEX1-3 are also being played at Gen Con... so if a player plays them in Indy it would just make sense to concentrate on #4 through #9 at GHC, is that correct? I.e no reason to play them again (unless you really wanted to I guess)?

Thanks!
wjaehnig

Postby rgthigpen » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:09 am

You are absolutely right on both counts. You do not need to play the scenarios in order, and while details of how the organized play crediting system for D&D Adventurers League has yet to be fully unveiled, as with most organized play, you will most likely only be able to play once for credit. You could still play multiple times if you wanted, I suppose, but likely not for credit.
USER_AVATAR
rgthigpen

Postby mmihalas » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:10 am

You can replay scenarios, and you will get XP, gold, items and such, it just needs to be with a different character.
mmihalas

Postby wjaehnig » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:34 am

Got it, thank you both for the answers.
wjaehnig

Postby Charcon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:57 pm

I would like to fly up from texas. How do i sign up for the ed greenwood game?
USER_AVATAR
Charcon

Return to Gamehole Con Announcements