Michael S Matheny, Where are you?

Michael S Matheny, Where are you?

Postby fmillard » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:21 am

Interested in trying to locate Michael S Matheny who helped develop and design a number of games in the late 70s and early 80s, including, but not limited to, many Yaquinto titles, Marine: 2002, Demon's Run, Beastlord, Pirates and Plunder, and possibly some work on Circus Maximus. Anyone know if he's still around and/or how I might get into contact with him. It's regarding trying to obtain to use one of his game designs for which he purportedly now owns the rights to since they've reverted back to him after Yaquinto was dissolved.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Frank
USER_AVATAR
fmillard

Re: Michael S Matheny, Where are you?

Postby MollyMae » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:43 pm

Interestingly, there's a lot of debate about this. BGG lists him as both Michael E and Michael S (or rather, associates games with Michael S printed on them with Michael E). I'm sure you've probably discovered this in your search.

Apparently Matheny is also a popular name, though I had never heard of it. I think calling each Michael S and Michael E to try to get verification would take awhile.

Here's the profile for MEM: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamedesi ... -e-matheny

You've come across a great mystery here and I haven't solved one of those since the Leonard Patt fireball.

I'll see if I can come up with anything concrete.
MollyMae

Re: Michael S Matheny, Where are you?

Postby fmillard » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:09 am

Kind of learning the same things myself ... mostly dead-ending everywhere else!
USER_AVATAR
fmillard

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion